Buying a new home is an important decision, there are many things you need to consider such as location, square footage, amenities, and much more. When planning to buy a new home, people often are wrapped up in these decisions. However, there’s one important decision that should be made before all others: selecting a new home builder to build your new home.
Determine Your Needs
First, decide your price range, size, and the style of home you’d like. Then, ask to look at the builder’s portfolio to determine if they have experience building the homestyle in which you’re interested. Then consider if their prices are within your budget. Additionally, make sure that the builders you’re interested in are actively building in the area in which you are looking to build your new home. For example, if you’re looking to build in Cape Coral or Fort Myers, speaking to a new home builder in Massachusetts probably isn’t going to work. Once you’ve created your list of appropriate home builders, it’s time to start reaching out to them to get more information about their options, prices, and processes.
There are several home builders to choose from as there are many. However, the ideal new home builder who can meet the requirements on your list is not going to be every home builder out there. This is why it’s important to ask home builders the right questions to help you determine the best fit. To help you, we’ve put together a list of twenty-five questions to ask a new home builder.
Questions to Ask Your New Home Builder
- Does the builder have an established financing plan?
- How much customizing can be done??
- Are there any additional fees relating to the home or development that have not been discussed in the price?
- Is a warranty program offered by the builder?
- What are the estimated property taxes?
- What are the ratings for local school systems?
- Are grocery stores and daycares close to the building location?
- Are there police, fire department and hospitals close by?
- Are there any major development plans for the area within the next five years?
- How long have you been building homes?
- After I move in, will you be able to fix anything that breaks?
- What licenses do you hold? Is your company insured?
- What method of communication will be used during the new home building process?
- Do you hire contractors for the work?
- How is the cost of my new-built home determined?
- Do you have experience building the home style we’re looking for?
- Can we make changes to our new home during the building process?
- What’s the average time for the building process?
- What differentiates you from other home builders?
- Do you perform quality assurance inspections during the building process?
- Can my home be made energy efficient?
- When will the final price of my new home be presented?
- Do you have testimonials I can review?
- Do you include landscaping in your home building process?
- How do I pick the materials, colors, and amenities for my new home?
New Construction Homes in Cape Coral and Fort Myer are in high demand. If you’re in the market for a new home builder, contact the best home builders in Cape Coral, Carney Quality Construction. Whether you’re looking to build in Cape Coral or Fort Myers, it would be our pleasure to serve you in building your new home.